Acne is nobody's friend, but finding an acne treatment that works can be a challenge. Fortunately, natural options that really work for treating acne do exist. Tea tree oil is one of nature's wonders for acne according to WebMD.
One of the cautions with using tea tree oil is to be sure to dilute it as full strength tea tree oil may aggravate the skin and do more damage than good at that point. Combining tea tree oil with other acne fighting components may help clear your acne quickly. Below are 5 great acne treatments you should try.
1. Coconut oil and tea tree oil. Coconut oil is great for moisturizing the skin. When fighting acne, you want to keep the skin hydrated without encouraging oil, so coconut oil may do the trick. Stylecraze combines 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 2 to 3 drops tea tree oil together. Apply the solution to the affected areas and let it soak for a few hours before washing it off with a cleanser and applying a moisturizer. Use this twice a day until the acne is clear.
2. Baking soda and tea tree oil. Baking soda can help keep the skin moisturized. It also makes a great exfoliator. Rapid Home Remediescombines 1 tablespoon baking soda and 2 tablespoons water to make a paste. Add 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil. Apply the paste to the acne for 2 to 3 minutes and then wash the skin. Do this daily until the acne is healed.
3. Aloe vera and tea tree oil. Great for treating skin abrasions and moisturizing, aloe vera makes a great combination with tea tree oil to treat acne. Healthy and Natural World combines 1 tablespoon aloe vera and 8 drops tea tree oil. Apply the solution to the acne and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Repeat daily until the acne is gone.
4. Manuka honey and tea tree oil. Manuka honey has great wound healing properties and may have antibacterial properties as well. Beautymunsta combines 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil. Apply the solution to clean skin and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash the area like normal. Do this until the acne clears.
5. Lemon juice and tea tree oil. Citrus juice helps remove skin and has proven to be a natural way to help treat acne. Stylecraze combines 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice with 4 to 5 drops tea tree oil. Let it sit for 15 minutes before washing it off. Repeat the process twice a week until the acne is gone.
With so many great options, finding a natural acne remedy that works is pretty simple.http://home.remedydaily.com